The first of it's kind...
What an amazing weekend!
Our two day trauma informed c-section course for health care professionals is done and it was EPIC!!!
Hannah Poulton and I teamed up to write and deliver a two day course to help improve best practice in helath care professinoals who support and treat mothers following c-section delivery.
Hannah is the UKs leading c-section recovery physiotherapist and I specialise in perinatal trauma support from a somatic and nervous system perspective.
Everyone loved the course and:
- Shared best practice
- Enhanced their knowledge and skills
- Shared new ideas
- Talked business and branding
- Invested in themselves
- Enhanced the lives of clients that received free treatment
- And is was so much fun too! We laughed soooo much.
On a personal note I loved every minute.
Meeting inspiring Women, sharing my passion and playing my part in helping Women to heal from birth trauma- the dream
- The Polyvagal theory (co-regulation, neuroception, hierarchy of survival responses)
- The window of tolerance
- How to deliver trauma informed treatment
- Post natal depletion
- How a womens Matrescence is impacted by trauma.
(*Matrescence: the huge transformation and shift in identity that occurs when you become a mother)
- Nervous system regulation techniques
- Practitioner support to help avoid and manage the symptoms of stress, burnout and vicarious trauma.
If you are a healthcare professional working with Mums- get yourself booked onto our next course: we will be releasing the 2023 date shortly.
Thank you to everyone who attended. You are all incredible professionals and Women.
If you would like us to run a course privatly for yourself and your team/organisation please contact me and I can arrange that for you.