How to create that Friday feeling throughout your week....
My Top Ten Tips for Reducing Stress in the workplace
Stress is apart of life and a little bit is needed to challenge us and push us to perform at work. But when is stress too much? And what can you do to prevent and manage it?Wouldn't it be great to feel that Friday feeling every day? Well, trust me you can. Here are my Top Ten Tips to help reduce stress at work.....
1. Set yourself up for a greatness: Make sure that you start your day in a positive and supporting way. Get up early, eat a good breakfast and ease your way into your working day.
2. Learn how to meditate: Taking as little as 5 minutes in the morning to focus on your breathing can really help you to focus and reduce stress. If you need to, repeat this throughout the day too to reduce stress and anxiety…it works a treat.
3. Fuel yourself: To enhance productivity and concentration try to avoid eating big portions and foods that will leave you feeling lethargic and full. Keep it light and avoid having processed sugars that will spike your blood sugar levels and leave you with a sugar low. And stay hydrated…drink water.
4. Keep a tidy workspace: Mess is stressful, keep it neat and tidy.
5. Set a timer: Decide how long you must work on a piece of work, set a timer and focus on that one task. Once the timer goes off move to the next task.
6. Make the big decisions in the morning: We generally have more energy and make better choices in the mornings so use it wisely and plan your working day around your peak energy times.
7. Take a break: Every 45 minutes to an hour take a 2-minute break and move your body. A short walk around the office and a quick stretch will help you to feel refreshed and ready to keep going. If you can take a break to get some fresh air and see some daylight. Especially at this time of year.
8. Make your environment relaxing and inspiring: Fill your workspace with things that make you feel relaxed and happy. If your environment feels, smells and looks good, you will be less stressed and more productive. Buy a plant, paint a wall, invest in an aromatherapy diffuser or simply have a photo or quote on your desk that makes you smile.
9. Keep distraction to a minimum: Put your phone away and close tabs when you don’t need them. And turn notifications off.
10. Write a list and then put it away: Writing a ‘To Do’ list can be helpful but if it is long it can also be overwhelming. So, choose one task, put it away and focus on that one task. Once it is done tick it off, smile (this is very important), and then move onto the next task.
So there you have it, my top ten tips to help you reduce stress and feel happy in your workplace. Give them a go and let me know what you think. Because life is too short to not have that Friday feeling every day right?
Until next time
Lots of Love and Yorkshire Puddings